Safety & Health Management
for All Operation
1 & 2 June 09
9.00 am ~5.00pm
Hotel Singgahsana Petaling Jaya
- Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the terms accident, hazard, hazard control and loss control;
- Understand their role on safety and health issues and responsibilities;
- Know the procedures for accident prevention and steps to take should any accident, serious or minor occur;
- Realize the direct and indirect costs of accidents;
- Establish a Joint-Safety and Health Committee and
- Organize Emergency Procedures and Planning effectively.
Who should attend:
Managers, supervisors, safety committee members, ERT, and those who are responsible for eliminating workplace hazards, investigating workplace accidents, and planning for any emergency plan.
- Environment, Safety and Health
- Management involvement
- Workforce involvement
- Safety Officer's functions and responsibilities
- Safety training
- Joint-Safety and Health Committee
- What are a Joint Safety and Health Committee?
- Who is responsible for establishing a Joint Safety and Health Committee?
- What does the committee do?
- Is your safety committee comply with the by law?
- Who will be represented in the safety committee?
- Accident Prevention and Investigation
- What is an accident?
- The costs of accident
- Accident investigation
- Accident reports
- Primary causes of accident
- Pre-employment screening
- Correcting unsafe acts and conditions
- Emergency Procedures and Planning
- Why has an emergency plan?
- What is the overall objective of the plan?
- What are technological and natural hazards?
- What is the series of events or decisions that should be considered?
- What are elements of the emergency plans?
- Testing and revision
Course Leader ~ Encik Abdul Rahim Jasmin
Encik Abdul Rahim Jasmin holds a Diploma in Safety Engineering Technology, US; is a Certified Program Leader from Kepner Tregoe Incorporated, US and a Registered Safety Officer from DOSH, Malaysia. He is also an approved DOSH CISHO’s course trainer
He has presented various safety & health papers in seminars conducted by DOSH and FMM and have also conducted numerous in-house and public Safety and Health related courses for Workers, Supervisors, Engineers, Executives and Managers in areas such as Safety and Health in Manufacturing, Certificate in Safety & Health Officers Course, Certification on Safe Forklift Driving, Warehouse Safety Management, Certificate in Human Resource Management, Fire Prevention and Control, Electrical Safety, Risk Assessment & Control, Safe Operation of Machine, Safe Machine Guarding, Hazcom & Chemical Safety, Emergency Response to Chemical Spill, Confined Space, Safety & Health Management, and many others.
Some of the manufacturing organizations that En. Rahim has conducted courses are: B Braun, BASF, Cryovac, Enkei, Eastman Color, Janakuasa Segari, Joubert, Konsortium Logistic, Logi Air Ulu Langat, PPG, Power Tek, Percetakan Nasional, Whitehorse and many others. In the past, he has worked as a Production/Warehouse Executive, Superintendent and Industrial Engineer with international companies manufacturing rubber products, food, drinks and ABS pipes.
Besides this, En. Rahim has also more than 16 years of hands-on experience in Environmental, Safety and Health where he was the ESH Manager in a large multinational manufacturing company in Perak, Malaysia. He is also a Member of the National Safety Council, US and an active Environmental, Safety and Health committee member with the FMM Perak Branch and has written a number of Safety and Health Manuals for SMI industries.
(Fees are inclusive of tea break, lunch, course materials and certificate of attendance)
- RM 950.00 per participant
- RM 900.00 Per Participant for 2 or more participants